Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nursery in waiting...





I find myself going into the nursery just to look at it, as if I need to make certain it is still there, fully intact and blossoming into its full potential with each passing day. What am I concerned about, will it grow legs and walk out of the house? This nursery does something to me when I peer in, possibly pinches me to make real my situation. I'm pregnant. 36 weeks at that! While my belly is proof enough along with the back aches, constant bathroom breaks and morning hand swelling, the nursery sends me into a state of joyful anticipation. The aches dissipate, I forget that I'm swollen, and my mind takes a ride to another place, a place of hope, excitement and real tenderness. I look at the crib and sit in awe that a little creation will be in there soon, staring back at me. I see the glider and I envision what my life is about to become: a nursing mother, holding her baby close to her heart. Then when I see the clothes my body tingles with a giddiness, it's like being eight years old and playing house with your dolls...play dress ups and have tea parties. I'm going to have a girl who will be dressed everyday, most likely more than twice--there are certainly enough clothes in that closet of hers. It will be like my childhood, but this time with a real baby doll and the fact that I'm no longer eight, I'm thirty!
For my indulgence, here is my nursery that is truly blossoming. I have found great comfort in this sanctuary and I look forward to how it will become the safe haven for my girl. Enjoy!