Tuesday, May 13, 2008

BROWNIES

Well, the cravings came back this week--or maybe I've been consuming too many sugar food products recently that my taste buds were temporarily going through a withdrawal demanding I take matters into my own hands this afternoon and bake some intense brownies. It all started when I was at the grocery store, exhausted from a day of travel and errands, but was on a mission to pick up a few items for the home and (drum roll please) a brownie. Initially the idea was to locate a bakery on the route of errands to enjoy just one brownie. Surely in suburbia one would think brownie bakeries would be in every shopping center but not the case. Although now I am flooded with businesses that would have satisfied this craving--at the moment, nothing came to mind except to walk down the aisle of the grocery store where all the box mixes lined the shelves. It was a heavenly jaunt, I must say. Looking at all the types of brownies: Hershey's Double Chocolate, Fudge Brownie, Dark Chocolate and even a Peanut Butter Cup Brownie. The choices were overwhelming I walked away. No more than five minutes passed and I was back in the aisle, contemplating the choices once again. I grabbed the family size Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix and was off. Salivating.
I sit now, fully satisfied, thinking about the evening's quest. Will it ever stop? I wonder if, when I am breastfeeding, I'll experience similar cravings. Hopefully it will be for watermelon or the world's best nectarine, something with greater nutritional value. We'll see. Should you be in the neighborhood, stop on over, I'll have a brownie waiting for you.
Peace out!