Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mother Nature...

It's raining outside! What is happening to our planet? Just days ago I was complaining about excessive swelling induced by the excessive heat (104 degrees) and today the buckets of Mother Nature's tears are flooding my yard! Hear me out, I'm not complaining as I really love the rain, but it does make one wonder what is happening to our planet to cause such extreme weather changes. Better yet, it makes you challenge yourself with the question, 'what can I do to make a difference with this planet?'
I can only hope that I will be able to teach my girl basic values of conscience living. While I'm no expert and seem to be more unconscionable about my routine happenings, I am struck by the magnitude of what lies ahead. What I say, what I do, and how I say what I'm going to do all impacts the development of my daughter. She will truly be witness to everything and like all moms out there, I'm certain the feelings are shared: we want to ensure our children are raised with values and principles that will enable them to be prosperous, wise, responsible, mature and ultimately happily fulfilled. It's a big task, an enormous endeavor. But, as my mother raised me with what she knew to be best, I, too, have confidence that I'll raise my daughter as such. She's going to be a little sprout that will blossom with time into a beautiful young lady!
Now, off to enjoy this rain a little more....