Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sarphen Update

Will he be....Cameron? Dylan? Torrey? Finn? Oh, the list is at 22 now...yes, 22 names left in our draft. Steve and I finished a third round of name elimination since beginning the process with 202 names a few weeks ago. Sarphen, one day you will hear the story of how your name was selected and find appreciation in it as truly, your name will have been a favorite among both your father and I (we only hope you love it as much as us)!

I have to say my form is no longer 100%. Last night Steve and I went to a wedding set in a lovely location just minutes away from where we were married in 2007. I found myself dancing with him like good ole times, swinging around, doing some latin steps...oh it was fun. And, Sarphen thought so too-at least he let me know when we got home. I spent a great deal of the night feeling him twist and turn, but not in a normal, 'hey mom, just stretching my arm out' type of way. No, I really think he was picking up the pace and taking to heart the DJ's mission to get us all up on the dance floor to M O V E!

Yes, Sarphen moved low low low and then high high high as if making his own routine to some hip hop 'shake your thang' groove. Today I felt exhausted from the tumbles and tonight I feel very strained in my belly causing me to walk slowly and hesitate when it comes to any bending over or lifting. Hmmm. Surely this will pass or Kaitlyn will get some neglect as I carry her a lot-we do it all together. Cook our eggs in the morning, vacuum, climb up the stairs together....all with her in my arms, and her pointing to all the fun elements of the task. Possibly this is the forced start of what should be a natural separation phase. I may have to let her cry a bit longer at my leg as bending over to pick her up may soon pose a larger challenge!

I'm 31.5 weeks, people think I'm having twins (same reaction with Kaitlyn), and I haven't had the swollen feet syndrome nor the permanent puffed out face...yet. We'll see what happens in these last two pivotal months!