Monday, August 3, 2009

Spiders and Stretch Marks...

Yes, I'm sure the title of this entry just pulls you in...Kaitlyn has an uncanny ability to find the spiders in this house, and no spider is small. Despite having our bug guy come and spray this past Friday, I still find these 1/2 inch or larger creatures racing across the tile for respite from...guess who? Yes, Kaitlyn the Spider Terror! She's like a giant jolly dancing fool when it comes to spotting one of these awful things (I have about zero tolerance for any bug inside, especially spiders)! I see her traumatizing the spider as her fingers draw closer and closer for a grab-luckily they are fast and too fast for her. BUT NOT FOR ME. While I should have some sympathy for the little guy, I don't. I love that Kaitlyn finds them as it means there will be one less living in my domain. Of course Kaitlyn doesn't need to know what I do with these creatures-the skip in her step may stop and then what? I just play it off...as best that I can. I mean c'mon. I get the whole body shivers when I see spiders of any size-but with Kaitlyn around, I suppose I'm getting stronger with handling the situation, keeping my cool long enough to make a minor scene of something that would typically have me chasing after Steve for assistance! Do children make you grow up or something? Is this what's happening?

Now, onto stretch marks, such a lovely topic to follow the dance of the spider. I am blessed thus far to not notice anything new with our budding Mr. Sarphen. Despite his chubby appearance from our ultrasound today, and my voluptuous weight gain (I'm trying to be nice to myself), he's not tormenting my skin....yet. I wonder what the last trimester will bring-with Kaitlyn this was when it all struck. The stretch marks appeared, the puffy face and swollen legs/ankles/toes appeared. All that real fun memorable stuff!

Sarphen is weighing in at 3lbs, 3oz and has feet that measure approximately 2 full inches! Will he have the Patterson feet? Oh my....I even saw hair upon his head...little curly fuzz. I have a feeling he'll pop out with a head full of the tight curls! I'm so excited to catch his face...we couldn't make anything out today because of his positioning and his complete chaotic, unpredictable movements! He was all over the place in his placenta hideout. Well, stretch marks or not, he will be worth every scar!