Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Motherhood Mission Statement

Arms open and heart ready to receive I stand before you as your Mother, in pure authenticity, today, tomorrow and forever.

I model behaviors that influence you to blossom and grow into a graceful being, filled with spirit, joy and perspective.

When paths create hardship, turmoil and separation, I remain present and respond to your call. When paths are radiant, wondrous and alive, I am there to celebrate with you.

I remain humble throughout our blossoming friendship so that I may learn from your wisdom both spoken and observed.

I have strengths that you may wish to disguise or magnify, thus, I posses sensitivity to understand and a desire to be understood.

As your Mother I respect your individuality, nurture your freedom and encourage a passionate heart that will ignite your senses.

I provide opportunities to fuel your mind and challenge your knowledge; I remain loyal to our roots and cherish this new foundation of family that we build upon with each day.

As your Mother, I eagerly anticipate our discoveries with one another.

As your Mother, I love you.

I wrote this for Kaitlyn on October 12, 2008--it was as a final assignment for Moms Embracing the Moment support group of which I have been a participant since mid-September.