Friday, October 24, 2008

An Expanding Cuisine




The time came, I knew it was going to be sooner than later. Kaitlyn was introduced to rice cereal. The first experience, as photographed here, was met with wide curious eyes and a wide open mouth, but today's trial was very different. I'm anticipating her gag reflux to kick in as her facial expressions today were everything but curious and satisfied--in fact I don't think any of her spoonfuls actually went down her throat (most of it came back out and landed either in her lap or cascaded down her chin like a creamy rice cereal waterfall). She was more amused with the spoon than swallowing. No problem, all the books say this is expected and as I try more each day she'll eventually figure out that the flavor is pretty tasty (ummm...can't say I agree with that statement but for someone who has only had mother's milk, I'd say it's a start for creating a discerning palate)!