Wednesday, October 29, 2008

High Chair Chat




It took me forever to pick out a high chair, I was obsessing over which one to get. Plastic with adjustable foot rest or wood with stationery rest; 3 reclining positions or none; collapsible or permanent; wheels or no wheels; vibrant candy striped, obnoxious disney characters or fashionable solid fabric; tray that goes on with one hand or requires both...choices. Sometimes I wished it would be more simple, it's hard enough for me to decide if I like Pampers over Huggies.

Well, after obsessing for more than three weeks I purchased a high chair that would be just right:
simple
no frills
sturdy
can stand up to 60lbs (aka, it's an investment)

Sure, it doesn't have wheels, there is no reclining position or adjustable footrest and the tray takes two hands...but so what. I may not be able to squirt it down with a hose but it's not flimsy, it's not an eye sore and it certainly will last through the ages!

Having babies really changes your home...I find burp cloths in bed, toys in bathrooms, boardbooks in the office and Kaitlyn's laundry is always going! There are sippy cups and gerber spoons in our sink, breastmilk in the fridge, baby shoes in the family room, and a new collection of baby/toddler catalogs in our mail. To think it's just the beginning!

On a side note, Kaitlyn is growing a Mohawk! This phase of hair loss/hair growth keeps us laughing...