Monday, July 14, 2008

Just can't get enough!


This little gem loves to be in what I call the 'airborne express' position. She falls asleep when you hold her like this, often with a little drool coming down the side of her check and one of her eyes smashed into your arm. This was taken a few days ago when she was still in recovery from her rash and swollen eyelids-you can see the left eye is quite puffy. Despite any allergy or dermititis, this position works wonders to get this angel to sleep.
But last night..........
a different story. Steve came and brought me Kaitlyn at 1:15am as she was downstairs asleep in her play-yard while Steve was up watching TV. It was time for her early morning nurse fest. So away we went into the nursery to nestle ourselves in the rocker and chow down. My anticipation was that upon reaching satiety, Kaitlyn would go right back down to finish up her dreams. No, not so lucky. Instead she was bug-eyed. She was so awake, I had to force myself to snap into an alert state to ensure I didn't drop her or do something stupid as I was so tired. Three o'clock came and went, followed by four and then five! I did the airborne express multiple times in hopes that she'd find that familiar comfort and take a snooze, but no. Miss Kaitlyn did not want to be rocked, she wanted to rock my morning and be entertained. My luck it will happen again tonight. Guess I better sleep right now, she's out for a mid-day nap...laundry can wait, errands will be postponed until later and dinner? Can't think about it right now. I need to get some zzzzzzzzzs.