Thursday, June 12, 2008

Confidence



During this past week I have certainly gained new mothering confidence. Having endured some long nights, explosive diapers and testy burp times, Kaitlyn has provided me an opportunity to stretch my knowledge, patience and sense of calmness. In the midst of the frenzied moments lie moments of absolute stillness, wonderment and pure humor. Kaitlyn is free entertainment, no doubt. I'm blessed, we are blessed. She is a treasure.

We had our first doctor appointment yesterday and this joy passed with flying colors. She has incredible strength in her grip and legs (I could have told you about the leg strength, I sure felt them throughout her stay while in Belly Hotel Sarah). She is now 8lbs 10oz and has grown an inch since her birth, bringing her to a grand height of 20.75 inches. Her hair gets longer each day and where the NICU nurses shaved her forehead, that area is beginning to grow back as well. The final great news of the day...her umbilical cord stump fell off while waiting for the doctor! I had been waiting for this to happen for the past two days as it was just hanging on by a thread.

I have yet to obtain some of the family shots from this past Sunday when the uncles came for a visit. There were some hilarious moments and real paparazzi fanfare! Stay tuned for those memorable Kodak images! Until we face another adventure...