Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What Happened?

I will spare the photo. Getting into pajamas this evening inspired this note. I'm wearing a blue and white striped tee with pink and black pajama bottoms; to keep me extra warm, I finished my look by adding an army green sweater. Wow. This screams Hot Mama Alert! Watch out Steve....I'm just tantalizing right now, can't you tell!

C O M F O R T.

STOP! Halt! NOW!!!! This is what happens. You see it everywhere, you hear about it...the Mother Frump.

I understand this reality. I understand how it creeps into your daily life, first with the leisure pants (you know those elastic waisted forever forgiving velour pants), then the baggy lifeless shirts and overnight it's like you stop wearing make-up, accessories and daily have hair in a ponytail as you are lucky if you get a quality shower once in a three day span. It's a sad moment right now as I realize I've mastered the look and the lifestyle.

Ugggh. Sigh.

Can this awareness be enough to snap me out of it? I used to be fashionable, sassy and memorable with my selected wardrobe pieces. Now I'm hanging out with a lumpy muffin top adorned with stretch marks, stringy highlighted hair in need of a serious root job, and sorry folks, boobs that are not only smaller than I ever had before, but way more saggy. Wow. I said it.

Hello Beauty. You in Here? I need to rekindle our friendship. It's been a while since I let you out...
Yours truly,
Overly tired, out of trend mother of two toddlers under the age of three!