Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snow Day






Southern California is wacky. One day it's raining, the next it's 77, and even within one day you can use heat in the morning and AC by afternoon. I'm not sure about all this dramatic change within such a short timeframe but I am certain about my love for snow and the outdoors. We were overdue for a visit to the nearby peaks that with the recent showers we've been blessed with I planned a quick afternoon trip for the four of us to throw ourselves into a mound of snow and possibly get a real chill.

The children were beside themselves. Watching them interact with the snow was such fun-Kaitlyn showed real sport, enough to let me know she'll be snowboarding by 5 and Dylan may be following in snowshoes with myself. I truly love being in the snow and dream of the day that I'll have my own snowshoes to allow me the freedom to just jaunt off through vast valley's of freshly fallen snow!

The short trip took a mere 40 minute drive, required no special gear and provided the nature fix I had been craving. A few snowballs were enjoyed and of course, no snow day is complete without a snowman...meet 'Snowy' (Frosty's cousin)!