Sunday, March 20, 2011

FeBreeze...no more!

Almost four hours ago and the smell remains. I was on the phone with my brother-he a Catholic Priest studying in Rome, so yes, my mind was on him, catching up and not so much on the children. All I can recall was that Kaitlyn darted off to use the restroom in her typical fashion and Dylan followed. I do remember not hearing too many sounds coming from Kaitlyn which should have been my first red flag. Generally she declares, 'I need my privacy, Dylan!' This is followed with a series of nagging statements until I intervene and peel him away from his sister's shadow! Not tonight.

At some point in my conversation with 'Fruncle' Denis I decided to take a peek in the restroom to see if all was going as routine, anticipating a few statements to direct Kaitlyn to pull her panties up and wash her hands...no. Not this evening. A cloud of tropical peach and mango FeBreeze greeted all my facial orifices and then my eyes met Kaitlyn holding the bottle of spray, clearly caught in the act. How many times did she spray this and where did she spray? Instantly I shifted focus on Dylan-he must had been a target...I couldn't finish my mental accusation as there stood Dylan, both arms, up to his elbows in the toilet bowl playing with Kaitlyn's toilet paper and yes, her poop and pee!

Are you kidding me?

Pee water had been splashed all over the floor. Kaitlyn was standing with her panties and pants around her ankles, the FeBreeze bottle in hand with fingers still wrapped around the nozzle, repeating, with great confidence, 'it was smelly in here Mommy, smelly!' As if I care right now, little girl! Still on the phone with my brother who was now put into a laughing hysteria, I managed to get both kids out of the restroom. It was a situation. A real situation.