Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pee Pee in the Potty

It was quite the moment. After Kaitlyn's bath she hung out in the bathroom in her birthday suit while I bathed Dylan. She occupied herself with books and bath toys all the while talking and talking. I took Dylan to Kaitlyn's room (the next door over) and as I was dressing him I got this feeling that I should check on her. When I did, I found her sitting on her potty-a usual siting these days not to pee but to sit and read (yes, I do realize she will be one who grows up to use the restroom for not only the call of duty but also to read and seek respite). I went back to tend to Dylan when shortly after I heard a sound. That type of sound that makes you rush. When I got to the bathroom door she was shaking her potty upside down and on the floor was a puddle from what she spilled out. My girl went pee-pee...pee-pee in her potty!

We did a pee-pee dance, swapped a few high fives and said 'Awesome' a number of times! Folks this maybe a one hit wonder...or a start of a new chapter! I suppose potty training should officially start tomorrow!!!