Friday, November 14, 2008

The Joey



I saw this fleece cover-up on-line a while back and thought I could make it myself..so instead of spending the $80 plus it would take to get it at my doorstep I ventured to Jo-Ann Fabrics and raided the fleece department. I made my own pattern and figured it would be a bit of a trial and error as I'm no master seamstress. Having said that, I'm pretty proud of my creation. There certainly are elements that need to be further refined, but for a first time try, I'm excited!

The item that I based this on is called the Peekaru, very cool, very functional cover-up. My version is called The Joey (name was given as a suggestion by my facilitator from my postpartum mom support group). Kaitlyn seemed to enjoy the view and when facing the east coast chill over the upcoming Holiday I'm sure she'll be appreciative of my creation!