Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Celebrating a Tired Spell

Wish there were photos to document this chaos. Here's the scenario:

How long does it take to put Dylan to sleep:
Auntie Jessica, 4 minutes
Nana, 10 minutes
Daddy, 17 minutes
Mommy, all night

I'm the food source so Dylan has found comfort in nesting no further than a quarter inch from my bosom. Folks, this has become an issue. It used to be the ticket to get Dylan to sleep and now has become this addictive force of energy for him. I love hearing about the successes people are having with getting sweet Dylan to sleep-somehow it gives me confidence that the night will be rich with uninterrupted sleep.

No. Wishful thinking. The shop is closing. The pacifier days are over as that's what all this amounts to-I've become a walking pacifier for Dylan. Really it couldn't come at a better time as tonight when stuck on our guest bed with him nuzzling up against me, his first latch was an unintended chomp. The suction was so intense. I'm not interested in becoming an all you can eat buffet with four infant teeth freshly cut! Enough!

On a milestone note we have been enjoying Dylan's expanding vocabulary which now includes 'mamamamama' and 'nananananananana'. Both Mommy and Nana have bragging rights!