Wednesday, September 23, 2009

35 weeks

My sweet Sarphen,
You know I'd love to predict your delivery, down to the minute, as I face the last five weeks of our incredible journey together. Knowing your arrival is half the fun, I do wish you would consider entering into this world sooner than later as you are getting to be quite the load. Your kicks are certainly noticeable and that elbow I felt the other day, as tiny as it was, sure made a lasting impression! My nights are becoming shorter since I suffer from bouts of insomnia with your spastic movements and this deal about going to the bathroom all the time even though half the time I really don't have to go is getting a bit old. My maternity tank tops don't cover my expansive belly anymore so, sorry, you are being exposed quite often to the world! It seems I'm complaining, and yes, I am, but do know I have ten incredible thoughts for every complaint. Here are some of those incredible thoughts:
1. I imagine what you will look like and can't wait to see who you will resemble most, me or Daddy!
2. Feeling that elbow of yours the other day was a miraculous moment, and it sure made me think you aren't as big as the doctors think you will be! You will be just right!
3. It brings me great joy to know you are receptive to your sister-I feel you move around when you hear those screeching sounds she LOVES to make!
4. Cosimo can't wait to give you a hello....
5. I'm finishing up your bassinet and I truly think you'll love the colors and of course sleeping close to Mommy & Daddy!
6. We are having a party in your honor this weekend-we'll be sending great thoughts, prayers, and energy your way so these last weeks go smoothly for you (and me)!
7. I don't have heartburn. Thank you for this!
8. You've graced me with a few war wounds (aka: stretch marks), but nothing too drastic-again, thank you for this!
9. You've been moving lower and lower which is allowing me to breathe better and allowing me to sleep on my back, left and even right side!
10. I can't imagine my life without you since we've been hanging for 35 weeks thus far...you are a silent angel in my life right now, reminding me to slow down, be present and keep my cool. I'm anxious for the silence to end and the noise to begin!!!

And finally my sweet Sarphen, I can't wait to name you!
Love,
Mom