Monday, April 20, 2009

Big Girl Bathtub




Tonight was memorable. Never has Kaitlyn resisted getting out of the tub. Usually she responds to my 'Ok, Kaitlyn, one, two, three' and I proceed to pick her up and place her in the bath towel while she holds on to her favorite bath toy of the evening. Not tonight. I think everything is about to change from sun up to sun down. It was just last week I pushed the envelope and decided to place Kaitlyn in the big girl tub without a transition device like the bath chair or one of the mid-size inflatable tubs. At first it didn't go over so well. Within two minutes she would pull herself up using the side of the tub and 'whine-cry' as if letting me know she is a bit overwhelmed and uncertain. I entertained the idea of using a transitional device but through being consistent each night I think Kaitlyn caught the bath bug and now it's all over. I have a water baby. Of course being surrounded by the alphabet and numbers, rubber ducky and other friends, I don't think I'd want to get out of the tub either!