Sunday, March 7, 2010

Swinging Child




Mom was visiting and while Kaitlyn and I were prancing through the grass she placed Dylan in the swing. How could I let this moment slip by without documentation! He's such a grown boy. At 4 months he is wearing size 6-9 months in pants and up to a size 12 month in shirts!

I can't believe the joy that my children possess. Dylan is most certainly his own character, however, I have begun to notice new sounds and expressions from the guy. He is often squawking these days instead of cooing. His verbal capacity is being showcased and often in competition with Kaitlyn's. Between Kaitlyn's excessively high-pitched screams and Dylan's bird-like sounds, you can't talk over them expecting to be heard. They are downright loud.
When he catches my eyes his legs begin to kick, his eyes twinkle and his dimples go CRAZY! Otherwise, when he can't see or hear me, he pretty much gnaws on toys and chills (assuming he is hanging out in the same room as myself and not in anyone else's arms). I've also noticed his physique changing. Breast milk is at it again...his thighs are forming those Pillsbury Dough Boy rolls and his arms are thickening up. Any day I anticipate him rolling over as well as sitting up on his own. He is a momma's boy right now and while it can be exhausting at times, there will come a day when he won't want anything to do with me.

I have a feeling that he won't be too different from Kaitlyn when it comes to how jolly he can become. While Kaitlyn has been expressive every given minute of any given day, Dylan is expressive for at least 70% of his awake hours or 100% of the time when he's in my arms!