Friday, February 26, 2010

Two Faces, Two Hearts, Two of a Kind

It's better to paint with two paintbrushes. You can cover more area!

'I love to play with my brother. Sometimes I just like to see if I can make him laugh.'

Chillin Dylan in his Pack n Play-sporting a terrific tie onesie. What a man.

'What is my sister doing?' (she is in the Pack n Play with Dylan causing all sorts of ruckus)!

These two children couldn't be more uplifting and down right demanding all within one minute. Dylan has become excessively attached to me, so much so, that my dear husband seems to slumber solo during the second half of any given night as of late. Once Dylan wakes up for a nursing session in the middle of the night, that's it. The love affair with mom begins. Every hour to every two hours he seems to waken and unfortunately for me, he finds me right where he last saw me-slumped in the rocker, fast asleep, from the previous nursing session. The cycle continues through to daybreak. The dreams I've been having during these erratic sleepless nights would sure make someone think I'm on acid. Let's just say, Avatar meets Abby's Flying Fairy School and together they meet my family (both my side and Steve's) on a remote island with a metropolitan center. Yeah, it's out there!

My dreams of having a creative space for the children continue to be a dream. However, I do carve out a space here and there to allow for some exploration of the arts. While it's by no means the full craft zone I envision, what little I have done brings great satisfaction. Kaitlyn gets all into painting, from picking out the colors to obviously holding the brushes. She can't hold just one and I don't blame her. It's so much more fun to use both hands!

There is a developing interest between Kaitlyn and Dylan or is it between Dylan and Kaitlyn? Either way, it's shared. I find her sneaking up on him, laying down next to him, holding onto him, just loving him. It's precious, at least the first few minutes of it as then her curiosity gets ahold of her and watch out Dylan. Eyes get tampered with, fingers are shoved into his mouth and the poor guy just starts sucking. He doesn't know any better. Her hands push onto his chest as she'll try to stand up and then oh no...she'll stand on his leg or stumble and fall on top of him. Yeah, it's a full time job watching the two of them interact.

I try to not discipline too much as most of her prodding is harmless and who wants a mom always barking some type of direction. It's endearing to watch and while it can raise the heart rate a few times, it's by no means a war zone. Dylan just chills, laughing when he feels like it. As of late I have spotted him grabbing her shirt when he wants to sport some attention...she can get annoyed. She will try to pull his fist off of her clothing, but isn't too successful. His grasp could put him on the charts for an NFL draft! It's pretty funny to watch-ususally I have to intervene!